Saturday, March 31, 2007

Goodbye Sinja


I posted this to my 360 blog and decided to post it here as well.

It's a sad night at my house. Our pet family has decreased by one tonight. A few hours ago our neighbor found our cat Sinja laying dead on the a few feet from our driveway. The best that we can tell, he had been hit by a car. It really blows my mind that he was in the road. The little time he spent outside he rarely left the yard. When he did, it was to go into the woods. He was still warm when we got to him. We buried him at the edge of the woods near his favorite tree. The strange thing was that while we were burying him it suddenly started to pour down rain. Then as soon as we finished covering his grave it stopped. It was like someone turned the faucet off. Just boom, pouring down rain then nothing.

Sinja had been with us for a little over four years. He and his sister came to live with us shortly after we moved back home from the fire. My mom saw them at her church one Sunday morning and brought them to me. She knows I can't resist taking in strays. Cleo, (his sister) died a little over a year ago when the neighbor's dog killed her. Sinja was a laid back cat. His favorite past time was to lay on my bed while I rubbed his belly. He also tended to be lazy. As a matter of fact he was so lazy that when our female cat came in heat a few weeks ago, Sinja could not be bothered with messing with her. Either he was lazy or gay. LOL

Goodbye Sinja. We will always remember you and love you. I hope that whomever you are in your next life, that you touch our lives once again.

No comments: