Monday, March 26, 2007

What Happens When Your Home is Full Of Children For 3 Nights and 4 Days.

My three children were out of school Friday and some of their friends were out all of last week for Spring Break. As a result I wound up with a crap load of teens and preteens for the entire 4 day weekend. Thursday afternoon B and J came to visit before my kids got home from school. B is the son of the man that owns my heart and J is B's best friend. They were planning on going home around 9 or so Thursday night. But by 6 that night they had decided to stay the night.
In order to simplify things I'm going to make a list of the children that were here this weekend. You can refer back to this list if you get lost. LOL
The first three are my biological children
GBMOD = my oldest daughter 17 yrs (she wasn't here this weekend but I feel bad about leaving her out of my list of children. LOL)
GBMS=my 15 yr old son
GBMYD= my 11 yr old daughter
B= the 17 yr old son of the man that owns my heart. I also consider him one of my children.
S= the youngest of the next door neighbors (19yrs) and my son's best friend for the past 8 years. (Also one that I consider one of my children)
J= B's best friend (18 yrs old)
R= my son's friend (16 yrs old)
T= my son's friend (16 yrs old) He was here off and on all weekend
E= the 11 yr old boy that lives down the road a bit. He was here off and on
J= GBMYD's friend and R's 15 yr old sister. She was here Saturday through Sunday.

Ok I believe that covers everyone. All of these children (except for GBMOD) were here at some time or another this weekend. Most of them were here a majority of the time. Also to be totally honest, I think of all of these kids as my own. They all call me Mom when they are here and I love every single one of them. Even though there were several times this weekend when I wanted to bury them in the back yard.

Now to get back on track, here are just a few things that happen when you have a house full of teens and preteens for the 4 day weekend:

1. Everything in your house becomes covered in an inch of dust from the two 4 wheelers and dirt bike that are being ridden in your back yard.

2. The windshield of your car becomes so covered in dust that when you are driving down the road and turn your wipers and washer fluid on, it turns to pure mud. Causing you to have to stop in the middle of the road until it clears enough to see. (Thank goodness it was a rarely used side road)

3. Your 3 month old puppy escapes from the house five times in one day because the children can't slow down long enough on their way out the door to make sure it closes all the way.

4. You find scorch marks on the walls where the boys have used a lighter and your entire bottle of hair spray to kill the wasps that have gotten into your house through a hole in your window screen.

5. You get stung on the little toe of your left foot by stepping on the one wasp that they didn't quite kill with the lighter and hairspray.

6. Your once full refrigerator, cabinets and freezer now echo when you open them.

7. Every dish in your house is now dirty, even though you washed dishes twice a day the entire weekend. And you find half of the dirty dishes in your sons room.

8. Your 3 month old puppy smells so clean and fresh because the girls got bored hanging out with the boys, started playing in the water outside and decided to give the puppy an outside bath.

9. Your newly opened 24 pack of toilet paper has shown up in the yard and trees of a neighbor that the pack of hoodlums in your house has taken a dislike to.

10. For some reason your female cat has a newly developed habit of jumping up and running to hide under your bed every time she hears someone at the front door.

This is just a few of the things that can happen when you have a house full of children for the 4 day weekend. I will list some more when I have fully recovered.

Oh one more:

11. You sleep until 10 Monday morning because you are so exhausted from the weekend.

Whoever said that a stay at home mom's life is boring? LOL I love my kids. There is never a dull moment in my world.

No comments: