Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Country Music Makes Me Cry!

I enjoy writing, it is a therapeutic outlet for me. Honestly sometimes I can't help but write. Things will be floating around in my brain and won't calm down until I write it. Also there is really no telling what I will write about. My interests tend to change from day to day. One day I may write about the annoying things my kids do just to drive me insane and the next may be about my opinion on animal abuse, still the next entry may be about how I can't stand to listen to country music or it could be about the great sex I had that day. Who knows what will come flying out of my busy little mind and fingers?

For example, I've been going over and over in my head as to why so many people simply adore country music. Don't get me wrong or get your panties all in a wad, I admit there are a few country songs that even I like. But for the most part 90 percent of them make me want to bawl my eyes out. Seriously, I am a single mom of 3 kids who wonders how in the hell she is gonna manage to get her two teens a car to drive and where the money is going to come from for college. I spend almost every night in my lonely bed wishing I had a wonderful sweet guy to hold me close while I sleep. I take some pretty strong pain meds every day just to keep the pain in my neck and head at bay enough to function. My Dad has Alzheimer's and my mom told me yesterday that he ate a crayon because he thought it was candy. This is the man that was my hero for my entire life. My kids biological father is not in their life at all (read no child support whatsoever for their entire lives). In other words I spend every day fighting to keep the tears and depression from taking over my life. I sure as hell don't need the music that I listen to making me want to cry until I am dehydrated. I can accomplish that just fine by simply thinking too long about the problems we have. When I listen to music, I want it to take my mind off things and make me happy. I will admit, I did listen to country when I was younger. But that was when I really didn't have anything to be depressed about and needed help getting those tears rolling. For those of you that listen to country music and don't fall into deep deep despair, I am in awe of you. I wish I had the will power to surround myself with such sad music and still be happy. Instead I will stick to the good upbeat music of Dope (the group not the drug), Metallica, Puddle of Mud etc...., so I don't write whinny complaining blogs like this one too often.
OK if you are still reading after all my whinny pity me stuff, thanks. I just wanted to let you know that it is very very rare that I indulge in the whole self pity thing. Especially in my writing. So please don't judge me from this post alone.

No comments: