Friday, March 30, 2007

Pissy Neighbors

Last weekend while all the kids were at my house, the spent a majority of their time riding the 4 wheeler and the dirt bike in my back yard. On Sunday afternoon they were back out there again. They had been going at if for about an hour when a neighbor stopped one of the boys on the 4 wheeler and told him that if they didn't quieten it down, he was going to call the police. Now I will admit that the 4 wheeler is a little loud, but not loud enough to warrant the police being called. After all they were in my yard, where they had permission to ride, it was about 3 in the afternoon not 9 at night. Also it wasn't that loud. The neighbors motorcycle is louder than the 4 wheeler. To be honest the whole thing pissed me off. Really, what were these kids doing that was so wrong? They weren't riding it on the road, they weren't on someone else's property tearing anything up. As a matter of fact, I let them ride it in the back yard so they wouldn't be on the road or anyone else's property and I made them stop riding around 8 every night so it wouldn't disturb the neighbors. It's not like I enjoy hearing it go around and around my yard, directly under my window. Nor do I like all the dust that it stirs up, but it gave them something fun to do and not get into any trouble, or so I thought.
When they came in to tell me what the guy had said, I could tell they were all worried about getting into trouble. I told them to go back out and keep riding. Guess what? The police never came. Want to know why? Because they weren't doing anything illegal. But to be honest I think the thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that the person that was complaining insists on cranking up his motorcycle bright and early in the mornings. The same motorcycle that is so loud that I can not only hear it when all my windows are closed, but also feel it in my house.
So many people complain that teens today are always getting into trouble and causing mischief. But when these kids are minding their own business and doing absolutely nothing illegal, these assholes have to try and start shit. What in the hell do these people expect them to do? Sit around all day and read the bible? If they have to complain about something why can't they find something important to complain about and leave my kids alone. If my kids are doing something wrong, then yes please let me know about it. After all I will be the first one to tell you that they are not angels, but don't ruin their fun when they are doing nothing wrong.

No comments: