Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Most up to date AutoBiography

First of all I live in a small town in North Alabama. It is about 30 or so miles south of Huntsville Al., so a majority of our population lives here but works in Huntsville. Personally I have lived here my entire life. As a teenager I hated it. It was so small and boring. Nothing interesting ever happened here. Hell we didn't even have a movie theater. Our big plans for weekend nights were to go to Wal-Mart parking lot and hang out with our friend. We occasionally went to the local drag strip for a change of pace or made our own drag strip on a rarely used road. But now that I am a 34 year old Mom of three (2 or them teens), I love my town. We have very little crime and it is a great place to raise kids.

OK I kind of got of track there for a bit. I tend to do that. I blame it on my astrological sign. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am a Gemini. Everything you read about Geminis say that we are fickle and have trouble focusing on one thing for very long. Based on this I could be the poster child for the Gemini sign. My interests change from week to week, day to day and minute to minute.
Anyway. I love to read and write. I tend to read anything that catches my eye and write about anything that pops into my head. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. If I am sitting down watching TV, I am also reading a book. As a matter of fact I used to drive my ex husband nuts with my reading. He never could understand how I could read and watch TV at the same time. The thing is my brain gets too bored trying to do just one thing at a time.
I've been divorced for almost 4 years. My ex hubby and I get along better now, than we did when we were married. He has recently remarried. I like his wife. She is kind of quiet so it's hard to really get to know her but she treats my children very well.
Now I am going to finally get to the story that prompted me to start this blog. I've been planning on doing a blog for awhile now but never got around to it. I have a myspace account and would sometimes blog on there but I really wanted a different venue. Tonight I finally had the strong urge to find a new site for my blogs. It was prompted by the fact that I had a fairy in my house tonight.
Wait a minute don't go! I'm not crazy!
Seriously though. I had the windows open in my house tonight because it has been uncommonly hot here for the past few day. Being that it is still the month of March, I refuse to turn on the air conditioning. One of my front living room windows has a screen that has a hole torn in it where my wonderful, lovable, annoying cats have made their own kitty portal to the outside world. This is how the fairy got into our house. I know it wasn't a real fairy. But it did look like one flying around my house. It was one of those huge green moths. My 11 yr old daughter spotted it first. Then my 3 month old puppy saw it. So I spent 15 minutes or so trying to rescue the moth and put it outside. The entire time I kept thinking, "This thing looks exactly like a fairy. I have to catch it and put it outside.". You see I couldn't stand the thought of something so beautiful dying in my home. After several minutes of following the fairy moth through my living room and kitchen, it finally tired itself out and landed on my head. I carefully cupped my hand over it so my hands wouldn't touch it's wings. Are moths like butterflies? Where if you touch their wings they can't fly? Anyway, with my hand cupped over the fairy moth and my youngest daughter and puppy following me, I went outside. I took my hand off my head and waited for the fairy moth to fly away. It didn't! It just sat there. So I put my finger under it and lifted it off my hand. I put it on the rail of my porch. After a minute or two it flew up and started circling my porch light.
When I came back in I couldn't get the fairy moth out of my head. So I decided to blog about it. The experience has also given me a great idea for a story. Did I mention that I love to write? LOL

So now I've come to the end of my first post. If you have stayed with me this far, Thank you. I hope you will visit from time to time. I will write about anything that catches my interest and about my adventures of being the only adult in the house with 2 teen, a preteen, all their friend, 3 cats, 2 dogs and a ferret. I also will probably, from time to time write about (OMG) sex. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know why parents love small towns and kids hate them ;)

The Beast Mom said...

I like this fairy-moth story. :)

Thanks for the comment today on my blog. I saw your post above about your dad's Alzheimer's. So sorry to read that - he sounds like a really great father from everything you wrote on my blog. Alz's is such a heart breaker. A good friend of mine's mother struggled through that and it was truly heart-breaking to her go through that. You hang in there and don't let the pissy pants neighbors get you down either.

-bm